Thursday, March 13, 2008

Last night, I dined in hell



Last night I saw a 3-2 thriller where Russian machine Alexander Ovechkin scored the game tying and winning goals late to push his total to 56, tied for the highest total since the 2000-01 season and within four of sixty. Olaf Kolzig notched his 300th win with the Capitals, the fifth goalie to win his first 300 games with one team, joining Jacques Plante, Marty Brodeur, Mike Richter, and Turk Broda, who I've never heard of. Kolzig is the 23rd goalie to reach the milestone and one win behind Richter for 22nd place. And a Flyers loss pulled the Caps within five points of the eight spot.

But more important than all of this is the fact that I made it into the highlight, looking pretty damn thrilled with Ovechkin's game winner. I'm probably cut out of the standard definition broadcast, further evidence of the awesomeness of HD.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those five are the ones who won 300 with their FIRST team. Plante had 100+ wins after he left Montreal. You need to add a sixth -- Tony Esposito. He won 5 for the Habs in the 68-69 season and then 418 for Chicago.

Anonymous said...

Next time, I'll read ALL the words. Oops.