Thursday, January 10, 2008

It sounds like Favre is coming back

According to the South Mississippi Sun Herald, Favre is leaning toward returning next season.

"I am trying to enjoy it because this could be my last game in Green Bay. For the first time in three years, I haven't thought this could be my last game. I would like to continue longer."

I would have liked to see him hang them up after this season, because being runner up in MVP voting would be a pretty nice swan song. But there is a reasonable chance of the Packers being competitive next season, whether or not Favre comes back. They've got a number of impact players on defense, they're almost $20 million under the cap for next season, everyone besides Favre and their cornerbacks are just hitting their primes, and Aaron Rodgers is the best backup quarterback in the league (now that Kyle Boller and Kellen Clemens are starting).

No comments: