Monday, February 4, 2008

The day in commercials

Two commercials stood out for me as being excellent, and one stood out for being awful. The Audi commercial spoofing The Godfather was brilliant. I've seen it at least 20 times, so as soon as they showed the establishing shot of Jack Wolfe's mansion I instantly said "The Godfather." But I do realize there are people who can't replay that movie in their head at will who may not find it as amusing. The other commercial that I'm still buzzing about is the trailer for Wanted, starring Angelina Jolie and James McAvoy, and directed by Timur Bekmambetov. That mouthful also directed the Night Watch trilogy, high octane vampire movies.

The worst commercial by far is the incredibly racist Salesgenie panda commercial. I mean, wow, how the hell did they let that on the air but GoDaddy has to tone their commercial down. The only thing that could have made it worse was if they ran a laundromat instead of a furniture store.

No comments: