- Jerry Seinfeld = Roger Goodell. Both call all the shots in their circle.
- George Constanza = Daniel Snyder. Both huge neurotics.
- Cosmo Cramer = Gene Upshaw. Both seem a little crazy and live fantastic lives without much ability.
- Elaine Benes = Suzi Kolber. They both seem to be kind of easy, comfortable hanging out with the boys.
- Newman = Carl Poston. I can picture him walking into a GM's office, and the GM saying "Hello, Poston!"
- Uncle Leo = Art Modell. Hanging out on the sidelines of training camp, talking to whoever will listen.
- Mr. Pitt = Ralph Wilson (Bills owner). Humorless rich old man.
- Babu Bhatt = Tony Dungy. You're a bad man T.O. for showing flesh on TV before MNF, very bad man
- George Steinbrenner = Drew Rosenhaus. The cadence of their monologues are very similar.
- Kenny Bania = Joe Theismann. Neither can shut up.
- Jackie Childs = Herman Edwards. They look and speak alike.
- Crazy Joe Davola = Joey Porter. Both will walk up and sucker punch you.
- Mike Moffit (phony) = Pacman Jones. One takes a parking spot way too seriously, the other take strip clubs way too seriously, both lie to the big guy.
- Mickey Abbott (little person) = Bill Polian. Both have Napoleon complexes.
- The Drake = Peyton Manning. Everyone loves the Peyton.
- Dr. Whatley (anti-dentite) = Tony Kornheiser. Took MNF job just for the jokes.
- Katie (the indecisive agent played by Debra Jo Rupp from That 70s Show) = Joe Segal. Can't take a shit unless it's slotted.
- Sally Weaver (Kathy Griffin) = T.O. Her Jerry routine was very similar to T.O.'s Garcia routine. They both implied that they were gay.
- Sue Ellen Mischke (chocolate heir) = Heather Kozar. Playmate of the Year's hotness caused feud between Tim Couch and Cade McNown, Mischke walking around in a bra hurt Jackie Child's trial.
- Izzy Mandlebaum (Lloyd Bridges) = Mike Ditka. The only NFL personality that I can picture saying "Do you think you're better than me? Watch me lift this radiator above my head!"
- Izzy, Sr. = Al Davis. An older, more stubborn Ditka.
Wednesday, August 8, 2007
I've been working on equating every character on Seinfeld to an NFL personality, inspired by Profootballtalk.com. Here's what I've come up with so far: